Tuesday 13 August 2013

I have taken on too much

"I have taken on too much" were the six little words that ran through my head last week. Sometimes I can't say "no" because all I want to do is please the people I care about.

Last week was dubbed Bakeathon Week. I volunteered to bake three different cakes in 24 hours - all around my work and social life of course! I spent hours slaving over the kitchen top on Thursday evening after spending hours researching what to bake (thank goodness for Google). It was mostly in the name of a Glastonbury-themed festival, which involved fancy dress, hula hoops and a face painter.

How could I not jump at the chance to bake a concoction of sweet stuff to complement?

I was actually fortunate enough to go to Glastonbury this year (or you could say unfortunate enough, depending on how you look at it). So I felt I had some first hand experience to be able to share what was on offer at Worthy Farm... although I withheld my urge to share my flashbacks of unkempt loos.

Instead I focused on the surprisingly fabulous food that was on offer at the cute stalls. In an effort to replicate the baked goods, I made a mud cake, coconut & cinnamon name cookies, and rainbow cakes. Thankfully, all turned out pretty good and were well received by the fellow campers. The comment of the night had to be about my cookies: "are they hash cakes?" Er no, they are not.

Here are my cakes in their full glory - all of which are variations of recipes from Delicious Magazine, BBC Good Food and goodtoknow.




No comments:

Post a Comment