Tuesday 20 August 2013

A confession


Before I knead deep into my recipes and share my latest culinary creations with you, I need to make a confession. 

I have a love for / addiction to / problem with (delete as appropriate) even numbers. I fear it will escalate as time goes on, so I want to share my plight early on. It started as a young teen where my thoughtful mother would bring me tea and biscuits in bed (I think this is why my friends loved sleeping over so much). I always had even numbers. I had the biscuit bug. To be more specific, I would enjoy my morning tea with four rich tea finger biscuits and four chocolate digestives. Too many times I had to rescue mushy remnants from the bottom of my cup with a spoon. 

Anyway, this ‘habit’ has trickled into my baking bowl. I want to make an even number of cupcakes and an even number of cookies. I would also (subtly) try my hardest to eat two cupcakes or cookies. I’m not sure why I can’t just eat one... or three. It’s not like I expect anything bad to happen. And what if this extends to large cakes? Can I afford to make two mudcakes? I think I’d have to start baking for groups of people in my spare time. 

Now there’s a thought...

No comments:

Post a Comment